TRUMP WON, NOW WHAT?
Wondering what to do now that Trump has won the 2016 Presidential election? Lots! Keep scrolling for government contacts, places to volunteer/donate, how to protest safely, what to do if you are a victim of a hate crime, read stories to see how the world has already been affected by the election, and so much more. I will update this page as often as I can.
PLEASE SHARE THIS PAGE SO THAT WE CAN KEEP ADDING TO IT.
Woman’s March info.
We stand together in solidarity with our partners and children for the protection of our rights, our safety, our health, and our families – recognizing that our vibrant and diverse communities are the strength of our country.
Get march info or try to catch a bus down at womensmarch.com.
Tess Rafferty on the election of Trump.
“You may not cheer at a lynching. You did buy some rope and look the other way. ”
New Yorkers: Are you upset about the appointment of Stephen Bannon to a position within the White House?
This is an easy call. Please make it TODAY. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand’s office is taking a concerned citizens’ tally so she can use it on the floor against Bannon. CALL. It is anonymous and takes a second (once you get through). Literally, all you have to do is say “Bannon.”
You can call any of her offices throughout the state, no matter where you live so if you get a busy signal on one just go down this list of numbers till you get through:
Hudson Valley: (845) 875-4585
Albany: (518) 431-0120
Buffalo: (716) 854-9725
Long Island: (631) 249-2825
New York City: (212) 688-6262
North Country: (315) 376-6118
Rochester: (585) 263-6250
Syracuse: (315) 448-0470
DC: (202) 224-4451
Steps LGBT can take to protect themselves and their families (especially if children are involved) before Obama leaves office.
How to help protect 3 things that Trump could cut.
Read up on Reince Priebus and Steve Bannon.
Matthew K. Firpo shared this gem of a picture on Facebook.
Jezebel is keeping a running list of organizations to work with from the Anti-Defamation League and Border Angels, to the National Immigration Forum and the New York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault.
Probably one of the main organizations when we think of when it comes to fighting for civil rights. Make a donation today or click over and read about what rights we all have in the United States.
Check out the Southern Poverty Law Center to see how you can help fight social injustice. They also have a Hate Map where you can see active hate groups in the United States.
Need your senator’s info to vent about the election outcome, what you want them to fight for, ask how you can help the world, or simply tell them to keep forging ahead? Here you go.
Someone shared these tips to keep safe when protesting:
For folks who are new to social justice actions:
1. Water makes pepper spray worse. Use milk or liquid antacid and water. Don’t wear contacts.
2. If you get tear gassed, when you get home, put the contaminated clothes in a plastic bag for later decontamination and shower with cold water to avoid opening your pores.
3. Come with friends and don’t get separated. Avoid leaving the crowd and watch out for police snatch squads.
4. Beware undercovers, but beware snitchjacketing and collaborator ‘peace police’ even more.
5. The far right is very good at combing through pictures and doxxing people. Mask up.
6. Write any necessary phone numbers you may need directly on your skin in sharpie.
7. Have an offsite plan for emergencies if you have not been heard from by X time coordinated with someone offsite.
8. Make sure all mobile devices are charged!!
9. If you plan on going to jail, plan it: bail, lawyer, time off from work, witnesses i.e.: a cadre. Don’t just go to jail without training.
10. Beware folks inciting violence. Most of them are police/ feds. Watch out for hook ups for the same reason. Get to know the crowd. They will set you up.
***Please don’t share this status. Copy paste it without attribution.***
Trump supporter was targeted.
A collection of tweets about racist episodes POC are facing now that Trump is our President Elect.
What to do if you are the victim of a hate crime.
Lots of hate crimes going around now. See how Asian Americans have been targeted by Trump supporters recently.
KKK planning a ‘victory’ parade in North Carolina. Please be careful if traveling there or around there.
MTV Lady Problems: What to do and how to help
American Muslim women now scared to wear a hijab.